Our current strategy, launched in 2018, sets out how we will inspire more people to think more deeply about science and its place in our lives through our world-renowned educational programmes, our networks, and our rich heritage.
We believe in a world where everyone is inspired to think more deeply about science and its place in our lives.
Building on our heritage we will create opportunities for everyone to discover, discuss and critically examine science and how it shapes the world around us.
Our strategic values
- We will be audience focused, developing respectful, close and long-lasting relationships with our communities
- We will be accessible to all, creating physical and digital opportunities for everyone to engage with science and make their voice heard
- We will be impact-driven, monitoring the quality and depth of this impact to inform our work
- We will be grounded in our heritage, building on over 200 years of pioneering science engagement
- We will be a considerate employer, caring for and developing our staff and volunteers
Our strategic objectives
- Inspire everyone to develop a lifelong journey with science
- Increase the public's awareness of, and participation in, the work of the Ri
- Engage business and policymakers in discussions about the place of science in society
- Support scientists in their efforts to engage with the public
- Group our financial capacity to support our mission
- Develop and care for our staff and volunteers whose expertise and passion provide the cornerstone of our success